Girls, Cheated on my long distance girlfriend. I am deeply in love with her and want to do what's best for her. What do I do?

Recently I cheated on my long distance girlfriend who i love very deeply, i dont know why i did it and feel very very guilty. She is a fantastic girlfriend; supportive, smart, kind, and beautiful and i really wish i could marry her someday. The minute i left the other girl's apartment i went straight ahead and came clean to her because i truly believe she has the right to decide weather or not she can continue to be involved with someone that has donde something like this to her. She is very dissapointed of me.. Told me she hates me for what i did and well is quite upset as she should. I keep on telling her i will respect her decision if she chooses to leave me.. and a part of me actually thinks she should because i'm such a piece of shit for having donde this. I know this isn't about me anymore so i don't want to make this about her forgiving me.. although i am so regretfull of my actions.. I just want to make her happy and help her find peace. All i want is to do what's best for her.. I know the type of person she deserves in her life and i fucked up so inmensely that i don't even know if she should forgive me. I just want what's best for her.. What can i do? i truly love her
2