Why am I stuck like this?

4year relationship. Ended because she wants to "find herself." She still wants me in her life but just as a friend. She says she wants to be with me again just not right now. I'm STUCK. Being just friends hurts. But I can't let her go because then I'd still be suffering, just won't be able to talk to her about it. She's the cause of and the antidote to all the pain I feel...

42

Most Helpful Girl

• You will have to let go at some point. You are never going to get out of this mess by still having her in your life. Better to do it now then wait for the inevitable. Take a break from her and get perspective on things. You will never find perspective if you still have her around. That is why you are stuck.

Most Helpful Guy

• Cut her off and work on yourself. I was in the same exact position as you a year ago. You're her consolation prize if she can't land someone better. It may hurt now, but it's a whole lot better to go through it now, than many times as her "friend".

What Girls Said 3

• So you’re putting your life on hold for someone that doesn’t want you?

• Sound like a hopeless romantic

• Watch the movie "how to be single".

What Guys Said 1

• Try to know the reason that she wants to "find herself"