When a relationship doesn't work, do you believe there's a way to remain friends?

When a relationship doesn't work, do you believe there's a way to remain friends. Reality not what we tell each other to feel better.?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think It all depends on why the relationship ended. I couldn't see myself being friends with someone who broke my heart or treated me badly while we were together.

What Girls Said 14

• It would depend on the circumstances... if there had only been a few dates and we decided there was nothing there then yes. I can see it changing to friends.
    A more serious relationship though? Not really

• You can't REMAIN friends, but you can become friends again after some time has passed and both of you are completely over the breakup.
    Some people can be the best friends but horrible partners, I expirienced that myself. 😅

• I could offer to be friends only to prove that relationship can be mended AND work if it is not broken by cheating.

• It depends on how it ends. If it's bad, then it's going to be really hard because one is bitter or you're both bitter.

• Nope no way, maybe fb friends but that doesn't mean anything lol

• Nope, once it's over it's over.

• I couldn't.

It probably has to do with how you feel about each other though. If both people lose their attraction for the other, then I'm sure it could be easy. But if one still see the other in a romantic light then no, a friendship can't work out.

• It depends if you loved them or not

• It depends on how their relationship ended. Anything involving dishonesty or cheating will make it virtually impossible to have any kind of relationship afterwards.

• Firstly I like the image lol and I'll let you know since the guy who was an ass said we could be friends and said we'd get coffee when he's on town around Christmas...

• Yes I think so

• Yes you can but it takes work. I'm still really good friends with an ex, we're both seeing different people now. In the beginning it required a lot of communication, setting boundaries and stuff.
    Sometimes you just click with someone and you need to keep them in your life. The romance didn't work for us but the friendship is great.

• For the sake of future relationships no. There's to much that can go wrong later. If you get with someone else and have problems and the ex is the one you confide in its going to cause more problems then it's worth.

• no there is no way

What Guys Said 16

• hmm, thats pretty interesting, from my experience, not as much.
    I feel at least alittle attached after the breakup and I feel being in contact, or being friends means that that attraction stays, it bites being so close yet so far. so I tend to distance myself.

• I agree

• its pretty shitty yea but I keep telling myself that we decided on not being together for life so is there any point in me sticking around, there are a lot of people, one person isn't that big of a deal.

• It's possible but difficult: you know too much about each other to be comfortable

• I subscribe to what this image says.

• YES... it's always good to maintain a friendship after relationship.. You never know what tomorrow has.

• I do believe you can be friends but it requires work. And a level of respect and regard with how you go about moving forward, if you don't like each other or still have love in your heart , it won't work.

• Nope. Bye means bye.

• I'm friends with all my ex, s Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Lol

• I don't like being friends with my exes.

The ones that cheated on me or somehow else wronged me, I view as enemies.

The ones that are amicable breakups, I don't like spending time around because I still want to be with them. Unrequited love is a bitch.

• In my opinion relationship and friendship both have definite domain. We can't interchange. In friendship relationship is a way to embrace our counterpart but on other hands in relationship friendship can't exist. Friendship want excitement, fighting, ragging, hugging without any hesitation fear but in relationship it is not possible.

• No. What's the point? If I wanted to be more than friends with someone or even at one point marry them, why would I settle to being "just friends". That's too much pain and drama involved plus, it's not good for future relationships

• Yes but people freak out about this too much

• It depends on the reason why we are not together, if she cheated or i cheated it will definitely be a no no from either side, but if its a mutual decision then why not

• Only if you’re still fucking or helping each other in some way.

• no..

• If u truly loves her or him... it's damn tough

• Yes there is