Is this a good reason for a break up?

Was dating this girl for 2 months and it was going great. Having sex etc. Only down fall is after a few dates she admitted to me that she had a recent break up 2 months ago and is struggling with the feelings with her ex and liking me at the same time..

Last week I went to her apt for the first time and we hung out in her area and she was acting distant and off.. she wouldn't hold my hand.. at the end of the night she told me her ex lived with her and it hit her hard and it felt weird having another man in her apt... And her area is were they use to hang and holding my hand just gave her flash backs etc. She had tears in her eye said she really likes me but she still has feelings for her ex and its it's killing her with guilt because I'm into her. Next day we talked on the phone and she ended it said I was the first person she dated since her break up and it made her realize she needs to be alone and process the break up. I tried to work it out then accepted the break up... Then 5 hours later late at night she sent me a text saying she is so sorry she didn't expect all of this to happen is didn't want to hurt me etc... I never replied to her text bc I'm crushed

She said there was nothing bad about the ex. He accepted a job out of state that's what caused the break up..

Is this a good reason for the break up or just an excuse? And are we finished?

13

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Move on bud. It's ok, you only had two months with her. It shouldn't be difficult on you. Don't start a relationship with someone who's not ready or don't know what they want. They'll confuse you and hurt you. Move on and go on other dates, don't victimize yourself. You're young and will find the right one for you.

• Yea man 2 months but was pretty heave we text and call every day etc she seemed to be so into me. I still don't understand why after the break up she text me 5 hours later with a "just wanted to say one last time I'm so sorry for all of this and hurting you etc". That confused me like what's the point?

• I thought about it and finally replied even though she sent it last night. I just said "thanks, I hope you find what your looking for"

• 👍🏼

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• Even if you both break up she will come back again after some time... And the whole thing might repeate... Better tell her why you are leaving her.

• She broke up with me. She text me late at night the same day just to say sorry for hurting me... I'm not sure what her intentions were but I never replied

• It might be the mood swings that causes her to do this...
      It happens... She might not even know this... why she did this. We guys have to accept n live with it.

• It's a terrible reason for her to start a relationship so soon I think it's over for you two cause in my opinion she just used you for sex

• If she told me she just got out of a relationship at the beginning I would of been more cautious. I was fine with the break up I understand but what threw me off was her texting me late at night the same day she broke up just to say she is sorry etc for hurting me

• I've had it happen to me before you will realize how selfish women are and use men as an emotional crutch it definitely concerns me too how fast she moved on