He still loves me, wouldn't take alone time, and now he's broken up with me because he needs space?

Boyfriend was going through depression, insomnia, etc. Always bottled his feelings, he never even told me he was until asking for a break suddenly. He wouldn't answer questions so I begged him to stay before ignoring me. Next day, we talked and he apologized for leaving like he did and he held me and promised he would be back. I felt okay again, later he came back and said a break "wasn't right for him right now". I asked him if he was sure and I would be okay if he does but said no. Told him I we need work on our communication- Tell me when he was upset by me or in general. I asked him when he needed to be alone or if he was being honest about how he was feeling. Said he was ok. He faked being happy for the next week- planning rings and date night he ask to talk. Breaks up with me. He said he still loved me a ton and I "had many people lined up" and "perhaps he'd come back to me because I'm the best love he's ever known" but he isn't happy in our relationship and he's lost himself being devoted to it. I asked him to tell me what's wrong/why/beg him to stay/work it out. Next day he promised we'd talk more. Asked me to lunch. Hugged me and kissed my head. When I got home later, I texted him we needed to talk this, I couldn't understand. Said it's starting to feel like he's playing games/a bit manipulative. No reply until 9. Told him talking is too much/I was puking blood, sick. But says he "didn't get to take his break" and it "wasn't only that". I asked to explain the issues but he wouldn't. Already made up his mind/been thinking on it for months. Wouldn't even talk on the phone, just text because "he couldn't speak". Said goodbye, blocked me off everything, changed his relationship, and deleted my name/face off all his social media. Decided not to contact him again. A day or so after the deleting, he liked my post on Tumblr about how I could be better and sent me a song link. Brokenhearted-Jeremy Passion. I have no idea what all this means or if he'll come back.

He replied to me asking what this song meant and he said he was lonely, missed me a lot, and he doesn't think he'll ever stop loving me... Doesn't want a relationship with me though... And still can't explain things to me..
I've decided to ignore any future contact from him for awhile- Hopefully he'll of figured himself out because I still care for who I knew him as and what we had..

01

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• I'm confused.. he needs help. Obviously he is going through something. He sounds too emotional to be cheating. There is definitely some emotional manipulation involved.

• As am I... Sorry if the way I wrote this is what confused you. He replied to me asking what this song meant and he said he was lonely, missed me a lot, and he doesn't think he'll ever stop loving me... Doesn't want a relationship with me though... And still can't explain things to me..

He's definitely going through *something*, what exactly that is- I don't know.

I agree that I don't think he could be seeing someone else.. and this is some type of emotional manipulation whether unintentional or not.

• It does seem like he needs space and someone to talk to.