My ex has my things, how should I get them back?

I dated my boyfriend for two and a half years so he has some of my things. He has a girlfriend and I'm about to move away for college. We've been broken up for a little over two months but I'm not sure how to go about getting each others' things back. I still have feelings for him and even though he has a girlfriend (who he claims he doesn't like) I don't know how he feels about me. I don't want it to be awkward or make it seem like I'm completely done with him and by getting my things back, I'm over him, I'm not. I'm still hoping he'll come back. Any ideas/suggestions?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Call or email him. Be honest and direct with him. If he has things that belong to you then he should give them back and vice versa. Maybe he could drop your stuff off or maybe he could leave it somewhere when he is not around. Exchanging things in person is tough so be careful with that. And don't feel too bad about the break up. The guy still misses you too. I find it highly unlikely that he doesn't care about you. By him getting another girlfriend and claiming he doesn't like her...its all because he wants to be distracted from thinking about you! He is not over you. To date someone for 2 years and to be over them completely in a few months is extremely hard to do. Stay positive and take care!

What Guys Said 1

• Tell him that you have some of his stuff, and that you want to give it back, and that you want your stuff back.

You're reading into this situation far too much. Don't let him keep something of yours, because otherwise he won't understand what he's missing.

There's no point in strategizing this exchange, because it doesn't add or takeaway from the situation.

What Girls Said 2

• me and my ex dated for 2 years and broke up 6 weeks ago we lived at his parents together... I saw him with another girl 3 weeks ago and called him and told him I'm comming over have my stuff ready... I get there with his stuff he takes his stuff then proceeds to tell me he hasn't finished going threw everything that when he does he will call me to give it back... like I said we broke up 6 weeks ago I still have yett to see my stuff... and I doubt I will... id call him and leave a message but call once and that's it... I called once went there and haven't called since

• Honestly? Make a list and have a mutual friend pick it up. The quickest way a guy ever comes back (assuming he still cares) is to move on and be doing well for yourself. If he got another girlfriend this quick, chances are he's not ready for something serious yet. This is typical of men who haven't dated enough. The more you hold yourself together and progress, the more likely he is to notice. Become more active etc. Anytime my life has gotten better, exes have contacted me outta the blue to tell me of the crazy bitches and how they want me back etc. Personally the one ex I did want back who came crawling back to me after 2 years, I actually didn't want anymore. After a few bad relationships id found a real prince. Keep going girl, and if be gives you trouble getting your stuff ask the police to escort you in.