How do I overcome this heartbreak?

The night we broke up I didn’t see it coming. I feel like in the back of my head I knew somehow it eventually wouldn’t work out if he couldn’t take his car to school but I didn’t know we were ending it then and there at that time: 1 month and 20 days before he leaves for college. I don’t know how to explain the feeling in me that night, at first it was sadness and I felt like someone had ripped a chunk out of my life and heart, then an hour after crying I felt nothing, literally nothing at all, not sadness not anger not happiness just nothing. and I thought that meant I would be okay with the whole breakup. Now a week later I have never felt more down, he’s all I think about and I can’t stop. I dream about him I cry about him I never stop living about him. I don’t have the energy to do anything with my friends, I hide the pain by getting drunk, and high. Getting f****d up is my escape from my body slowly dying in this cringe heartbreak, I never knew it would happen to me.

we ended on a good note, were supposed to be friends but haven't talked since that night. what do I do now?

another thing that is extremely hard is he is my neighbor, and not only did I fall inlove with him but his family too.. I can see his house from my front door..

02

What Guys Said 2

• Now, you move on. One of the good things about breaking up with someone is you have an oppertunity to do what you want. If there's something you want to do, then go out there and do it. Spend time with friends, do what interests you, set yourself some goals. You mightn't feel motivated to do anything, but once you do one thing, it'll become easier for you to do more.

If you find yourself thinking about him a lot, find things to distract you as quickly as possible. It doesn't matter what it is, just anything to get you thinking about anything but your break up.

Aside from that, let life take its course. Break ups take time, eventually you'll accept it and move on. If you go out and live your life, you'll find yourself thinking about it a lot less and feeling a lot better about yourself.

• Take solace in the fact that you've ever felt love at all. After all, love must feel indescribably good, if its absence hits you this hard. I wouldn't know.

I doubt that will help you any, but, y'know, it's just something to consider.

What Girls Said 0