Mom wanting to date less than a year after my dads passing. Would this be ok with you as a son/daughter?

Let me start off by saying that I know it's her life and her business and she's going to do what she's going to do regardless of my opinion, BUT I just can't get over feeling how wrong this seems. It seems like it's dishonorable to my dad and I just can't be supportive if that. I will never let another man replace my dad in my life and I don't know why she would want to try and do that. It really hurts me and I'll never be supportive of this. I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this and what your opinions are. Thanks.

1420

Most Helpful Guy

• A old man i knew lost his wife at age 63, he never dated another woman, his wife was his last. He died at age 81.
    I dont like it how easily they can be replaced. If you want to date again wait some years...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Less than year? O I would be absolutely angered by that. I know you have to move on a eventually and want to find happiness again, but if someone you're married long has recently died and you're out here trying to meet new men less than year sends warning signals to me. It's says that dad/your husbands death didn't fully effect you in some way. Now I know some people do try to seek comfort in others when they're distressed, lonely, or depressed, but if she doesn't seem that way and she's just really excited and getting all doll up to get in back in the dating world... then something is wrong unless you're parents have been divorced/separated?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • No they were married. He was 53 and so is she.

• Ooh ok yeah that is strange to me, I would feel very uncomfortable with her already looking for another partner and your dad hasn't been gone for a year. It's either her way of coping or your dad's death didn't mean much to her.