How do I breakup with someone?

I only see him as a friend now, I want to keep what we have, without all the relationship stuff involved. I’m worried he won’t want that if I break up with him since he’s been badly hurt before, how do I break up with him? I’ve never done it before.

Most Helpful Guy

• Speak to him. Be as honest as you can be. Explain to him exactly how you feel.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't just be friends with someone... it is selfish and cruel. Imagine being in his shoes or if it was someone you loved and they did it to you.

• We also share the same friend group, and hang out in the same area

• oh that sucks...

What Guys Said 5

• Good luck with that :/ I did that and my ex hates me now. I think I get what you feel, but I really dunno how to deal with that sorta situation. The most hopeful way is to just straight up tell him you're not interested in him in that way. Even if it hurts him, it's better than letting a dead relationship go on until it leads to a violent breakup.

• Its gonna be hard. From my experience only very mature people can still be friends. If both of you want to end the relationship is fine, but since its not the case I dont think its going to work... Anyway my advise is rather than breaking up with him all at once kinda go preparing him, talking to him to make him understand that the relationship is not worth it any more (at least on your side) and the best way is to remain friends

• make up with me, he will leave you

• Just tell him it's over

• Pick a fight.. a good one

What Girls Said 0