Guys, Why is my ex so bitter after 18 months and all he talks about is what I did to him in the relationship yet he says he has moved on?

Anonymous
We had an awful breakup over 18 months ago and have just started seeing each other again as we have a one year old son. So we meet and starts talking about how we should never have been together, how much I did to him and then says well the past is the past and says he has moved on! Then we talk normally for a while and he starts again he actually says he is bitter... I told him I still would like us to be a family but he says that will never happen which is fine with me as I am not bitter at all just confused as to why he is acting this way? Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved!
3