Was it just bad timing or just not meant to be?

Anonymous
I'm a 23 year old female who was seeing a 35 year old male for three months. I didn't feel any attraction to him on the first three dates, but he persisted, to the point where I grew strong feelings for him and fell in love. He was nurturing, attentive and affectionate. Out 'relationship' was beautiful, intimate, we cared deeply for eachother. Although our age difference, we connected on a deep level and it felt like we were soulmates. The only problem was that our age difference meant different life stages: he has established his career and he wants kids sooner than later, whereas I still need to secure my career. We both talked early on about this potentially causing an issue down the track but we both had no reason to end it as we enjoyed eachother. I felt that him offering all his time to me meant he could see this becoming serious. He never admitted his feelings to me, but said I made him happy, nervous and want to be a better man. He shared his life with me, told me his future plans, how many kids he wanted, where he wanted to take them to school etc. He said he didn't want me to move interstate for a job. We both became vulnerable with one another. Recently he ended it because it clicked to him when his friend told him she was pregnant. I was devastated because I wanted to be with him, and he knew I would have compromised for him. I respect his needs and that he was thinking realistically long term... but I felt he threw away someone who would have made him happy. The saddest part: he had feelings for me but had to hold back from them because of the situation, he became attached but had to stop. I wish he had shown me all of him and still hurt me rather than only part of him. Will he regret his decision? Will he ever think about me again? I feel this was just bad timing and that we may find eachother again later in life if it was meant to be. I want to move on, but that means I have accepted he is gone, and I dont want him to be gone.
+1 y
I don't know where I wrote in here about pregnancy? I never got pregnant... what I meant was: One day he was catching up with a friend and she told him the news that she was pregnant WITH HER PARTNER. That was when it clicked to him that at this point in time I can not offer him kids as I still need to get my career.
4
0