My "friend with benefits" is my ex boyfriend. We still love each other and say it, we go on dates, and we can but don't date other people. Help?

My ex and I broke up, but we weren't dating very long and a long distance relationship was too stressful while I'm at college a few hours away and he's in the town that I'm from. We care for each other a lot, and when we're upset we talk to each other about it, even if it's not about us being together. He said he wants to take it slow, but in the past we've talked about marriage, and he says he's closer to me than anyone else in his life. No, he isn't a jerk just stringing me along. He's like the sterotypical nice guy, and he means the world to me. I know it sounds dumb, but I don't know what to do.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems like a receipt for a colossal mistake. If you like him you be together if you can't be together you don't. Most of the time you don't want to friends with benefits with someone you have feelings with as things get complicated eventually.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you enjoy it then go with the flow, you're now at different points in your life than you were before, yesterday isn't like today and there's always new beginnings, youc ant expect to be friends with benefits with your ex and have it not like your relationship, similarities are going to come out of it

What Guys Said 2

• Continue to be dumb and lose him. Thinking a long distance relationship is to stressful so you break up, but yet you still do everything that people in a relationship do. Go ahead. ... Keep being dumb and see how thing end up.

• Your just plain in a relationship again.

What Girls Said 1

• It's not a good idea to have that sort of arrangement with someone you have feelings for. It's just potential for more hurt.