Do you think I'm being unreasonable if I want my ex's rebound out of the picture before considering taking him back?

He thinks I am.

• No
  • Yes
Okay so now he's trying to HIDE the fact that he's still in contact with her. Very trustworthy indeed 😂

44

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean yeah if she's still around then he's going to sleep with her that's guaranteed

• Yeah and I'm not going to get involved with that crap. I'd rather move on than put myself to a position of definitely getting hurt!

• @Groisu Yea, I think that's my best option at the moment. If he wants to keep her around, there's no need for me to be in the picture. If he truly wants me back he needs to earn it and not screw around and build what-ever-relationship-he-has-with-her with other people. There's no extra people in a relationship. At least mine.

• I'm glad you have a good sense about you you'll be fine good luck with it

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that's very reasonable. If he sees that as unreasonable, and wants her to be in the picture, then he's likely not totally over her and not totally invested in making a fresh start with you. If he is completely over her, he shouldn't even want her in the picture himself.

What Guys Said 3

• I meant to vote no whoops

• No. There's only one reason a guy would keep a rebound around. If he takes offense to that then there's obviously some truth there. Don't take him back. I'm single & currently reboundless.

• Yea, I see no reason to keep some meaningless rebound chick in the picture if he wants to be with me, so there has to be a reason he doesn't want to give her up. Either he has feelings for her or he wants to continue screwing her. And I'm not okay with either of those!

• Yea, definitely! I knew I couldn't be the only one that thinks this seems no way legit. Like why the hell would he NEED to still be in contact with her. He got pissed off at me for saying I'm out if she's in the picture. Not sure if it was because I was making RULES for him or he didn't want to cut her off, but anyhow, I'm keeping my decision, I ain't taking him back WITH her.

• He got defensive because he had something to hide. It's good to trust your gut. Smart move. I'm single by the way...

• Why bother considering taking him back? Iis the real question

What Girls Said 3

• If he says you're being unreasonable then he only wants you to play with and that other rebound girl too. he's basically asking for a casual relationship. You dont want that, do you?
    If you want him back and he does too to start a fresh relationship then he will lose that other girl without questioning it.

• If he's making a big deal about it, than obviously she's a little more than a rebound. Otherwise he wouldn't care at all.

• That's what I've said! And I'm not cool with that.

• Trust me, you do not want a toxic woman feeding off of your guys' relationship. Hope all things goes well for you. :)

• Nope