My gfs parents hate me, should I break up with her?

My girlfriend comes from a very strict family. We're both 19 years old and started dating a little over a year ago, but we were friends for a long time before that. We hid our relationship for months before I convinced her to tell them. And even then, at first they weren't okay with it but eventually came to accept us. Lately my gfs little sister told my parents that my girlfriend and I had sex and they blew up. They were beyond mad, because in her culture girls aren't supposed have sex before marriage, even though she doesn't believe in all that. They eventually went through her phone and found out I smoked weed before and that made them even more angry. After all the fighting, they sort of gave up and told her they don't care what she does or if she continues to date me, but they still won't like me. Her parents said I'm a disaster and ruined their family. As bad as it is, it hurts to be called all that. Me and girlfriend love each other a lot and she doesn't want to break up. She'd do anything to keep us together. I want my gfs parents to like me but I don't know if I can continue the relationship with them hating me.

36

Most Helpful Guy

• Parents often want to blame someone, someone else if their child does something they think is bad. Kid uses foul language: "They learn those bad words at school". Kid gets arrested for shoplifting: "Kid has been hanging out with a bad crowd." Kid's grades are pathetic: "Lousy teacher, that why."

But you ask if you should break up with her. I think you should not. If the two of you stay together, her parents may come around that you did not actually "ruin their family".

I realize you want them to like you, but unless you are planning to live with them, ... ummm... I mean you are only dating your g/f aren't you? Not her whole family.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're dating her, not her parents

What Guys Said 5

• You're going to have to live with it if you love her. Otherwise her family will undoubtedly force her to marry a man to "cure" her lesbianism.

• Leave nudes on her phone of you cumming on her, in her, all over her face! Then the parents will find it hahaha and you will have the last laugh.

• She has dumb parents, if she is worth it then yes, if she's not then no and make sure u let her know the reason why.

• As someone said you're dating her not her parents. I know that this is a shity situation but if you two love each other you should stay together.
    PS: Always use condoms kids.

• Not. Work hard and try to became a good person in society. That they come for daughter for marriage

What Girls Said 2

• No, you should try to know them better and even if they really do not want to get to know you, you can always ignore them and have fun with your girlfriend as long as she doesn't mind

• Yeah u should