I don't know why she broke up with me. I don't understand what changed for her to want me back. Can you provide any insight or possible explanation?

NineBreaker
A few years ago, I dated this young lady who I cared for a lot. She was smart, pretty, and very outgoing. My family liked her a lot; more than any girl I've ever been with in the past. I cared for her a lot, and I thought everything was going really well. We had been together for a little over two years, and I was planning on popping the big question. I never told anyone that I was going to, fearing that they would blab about my intentions.

I made sure that every birthday, Valentine's day, and every holiday, that I would get or make her a gift. I didn't just give her generic gifts, I put a lot of thought and effort in them. I didn't just get her the occasional chocolates and flowers; I literally made her a necklace with matching earrings with my own two hands and and engraved her names and initials on them.

One day, out of the blue, and without warning, she broke up with me. She told me that she was no longer able to see our relationship going any further, and that she needed a change. I asked, "Did I do anything wrong? Was there something I could have done?" Her answer was a "No" in both cases. She claimed that I was very, very good to her, and told me that she was sure I would make any other girl very happy in the future. When I requested to just take some time off and think about it, she refused, stating that her decision was final. We were officially through. I wasn't happy, but I respected her choice even though I overtly disagreed with it.

I felt sad, hurt, and heartbroken. I decided to take time from the dating scene, and just focus on myself. About a month and a half later, I eventually got over the break up. Out of nowhere, she contacted me, telling me that she still cared for me, and wanted us to get back together, hoping that I wasn't angry with her. I said to her, "I'm not angry, even though you broke my heart, but I wasn't the one who wanted to break up. I've moved on. Good luck in your life."

I still don't understand the reasoning behind this.
4
2