Would you text your ex "happy birthday"?

Let's say you haven't spoken to your ex in 1-2 months. Would you still text them? Have you ever texted an ex when their birthday comes around?

• Yes
  • No

1120

Most Helpful Guy

• The only holiday that would be remotely appropriate for would be on or near his birthday. If you keep that in mind, yes, if done tastefully

Most Helpful Girl

• Well considering I'm still friends and hang out with 2/3 them then yes.
    If ended the break up was friendly why not.
    Bad break up then no

What Guys Said 19

• Nope, especially if you broke up with him. In actuality, unless you have a kid together, you should have no contact whatsoever

• Not only no but fuck no

• What is all of this about communicating with ex's? Ex's are someone you leave in your past. Move on with your life.

• Absolutely not a snowballs chance in hell would I. My ex wife's birthday is exactly 7 days ahead of mine. It's not that I hate her because I don't. It's because I do not want to give her the illusion that I want her back, only think of her on her birthday or anything else. It should be obvious I'll always remember hers & she'll always remember mine.

• Im saying yes because its a nice thing to do. It doesn't mean hey i wanna get back together its hey u were born today

• Don't do that. Unless you are actually friends

• I wouldn't in my case. My ex remembered my birthday but didn't choose to even wish me a happy birthday. I reminded her, and she still refused to say anything about it.

• I've never had a clean breakup, so no contact with the ex folks.

• Nope.

• I haven't had that opportunity, although it getting closer.

• Nope. That's weird.

• man I would love to, but I would come off so desperate since she's moved on to another guy

• Yeah but just something like happy birthday hoe

• It's according to the situation and how we ended it

• I would just to be a nice person

• No. Bc he might think you still got them feelings

• Well it depends on your relation with your ex? What if we are still friends?

• This was just a general question lmao. Let's say you haven't spoken in months, so no your not friends?

• Well if we are not friends I don't know why I would do that

• Yeah I'll...

• No... if you do, then you need to examine your true intentions. It's either an excuse to build up something more. Either way, it's not just a ''happy birthday'', its a galactic probe.

What Girls Said 10

• No l wouldn't

• I would because I'm too nice hah. My ex wants to stay friends and not say goodbye to me. Thought we haven't texted in a week and that's the longest we've gone without texting. We are still looking for a day that works well for both of us to talk. He asked for a break almost a month ago. I need him to hear all I have to say because this was a long relationship and I did nothing wrong. He even said I did nothing wrong.

• No. Not until I've gotten over them.. maybe the following year

• I would not do it. If you texted him happy birthday, it would almost be as if he got the last hurrah because you're essentially still remembering him. It could give him ideas that you're still hooked on him.

• I did. We still try to be nice to each other, even though things ended kinda bad.

• Only if we were just friends

• Well if our relationship end in good way , why not?

• Yes I would

• Nope. Leave the past behind you.

• I b happy if he dnt get 1 more birthday 😆