Why do people do this?

My recent ex said I was the perfect boyfriend. I never mistreated her, always complimented her looks, accepted her child in my life, gave her gifts, brought her lunch to work, was great in bed, gave her all of my attention in public, always listened to her, and the list goes on. She lied and cheated on me for a month and a half. If I was perfect, why would she do this? Are guys like me just not what women are looking for?

57

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not perfect, nor is she.
    She decided to cheat while she just so happened to be in a relationship with you.

Shit happens.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey... some people run in the face of perfection. the saying "too good to be true" is a real thing.
    When i started dating, the norm was to always give to the chick and not expect anything back... then later i dated this one girl. Name: Tierra... and i LOVED her.. madly and she loved me too... she was Wife material... i was only 20. Every day she showed me that, and every day i thought about it. she was and still is the only girl I've ever dated, that I've made part of my daily life.
    Eventually, i panicked, and i cheated on her with my ex, and she found out. This girl was PERFECT... but i ran.

What Girls Said 4

• She doesn't know what she wants.

• It wasn't your fault she cheated. She cheated because she's not faithful

• some people want poly not mono.

• there's was nothing wrong with you it sounds like a her problem because I can't see someone cheating on someone that does all that no bad points that I know of she the stupid one and i'm sure she will regret it

What Guys Said 6

• She cheated cause she wanted to. You might have been perfect but she just was nowhere even close.

• Some people are horrible unfortunately. Don't blame yourself

• Don't judge yourself.. And don't let this effect your personality..
    Asking why could lead to stress and anxiety... Keep your head up and don't look back at her with anger... Cheers

• People lie. She's a liar and a cheater. You can do better.

• One word: Feminism

• That's women for you, never satisfied with what they've got, always want the upgrade.