Boyfriend of four years says he's only with me for our son. What should I do? Should I end our relationship? Was my relationship a lie?

So recently we got into a big argument and he told me he's only with me for our son. Every time he's angry he tells me this and I'm not sure what I should possibly do. I don't know if I would want to end it as I grew up with my parents being separated. My bfs parents also are the same. I don't want my son to have to families and to feel like he has to pick and choose where he should go. Or feel like he's to blame for anything ( which he isn't.) But I also don't want to stay with said boyfriend so he can torment me with the woman he talks to or make me feel like I'm not good enough.

43

Most Helpful Guy

• Try and see a couples therapist before you give up. If he's unwilling then there's not much more you can do and at that stage, it may be best to remove him from your life. You deserve to have happiness and love. And your son will be fine as long as his parents love him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, he sounds emotionally abusive. He only brings that up when he's angry? Probably just to hurt you. He's talking to someone else? He doesn't respect you. You don't feel good enough? He isn't taking the time to appreciate you (or maybe communication is lacking but that's doubtful).

I think you should have some self respect and leave. I tried to stay with my partner for the sole purpose of our child and it emotionally destroyed me. He didn't truly love me and it wore away at me say after day for months until I became so broken I forgot who I even was. That is not the sort of relationship I want to model for my son and I doubt it's what you want for your sort either. I know it's very, very hard and it's easier said than done but I do believe you need to easier this for your own good and your child's. At least see a counselor if he is willing. You should not have to be hurt line this, you and your baby deserve better, I promise.

What Guys Said 2

• Your better off ending it between you both before you start hating each other and then the only one that get hurt is your boy. It would be for the best if you remain on good turms for the childs sake

• End the relationship !! I think he already ended the relationship himself first.

What Girls Said 3

• You should never stay in an unhappy relationship just because of the kids. What the kids need is a happy environment, not one with no love and fighting.

• 1. You shouldn't stay in a rel because of the kids
    2. He's very immature and you should end it

• You can't be with someone jsut because of the kids