Is she lying on her break up reason?

We dated 2 months. She just got out of a relationship 1 month before we met. We had sex 3 times. She started to be cold cancelling plans etc then finally when we got dinner she had this emotional panic attack said she has been struggling with the feeling of guilt because she still has feelings for her ex and now having feelings for me. The area we we're in she said her and her ex use to hang there and it's bringing back memories...

So she came to my apt next day gave me a hug and ended it said she thinks it best if she is alone. What happen at dinner made her realize she is not in a good place to be in a relationship...

Does this sound like a good reason? I really like her and this stings really bad :(

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Kudos to her for being honest. She is not lying.

• Thanks at first I worried it was another guy since we were dating early but it actually feels better hearing from strangers outside looking in... It makes since only a month after their break. I was in fear of a rebound she assured she actually likes me said I'm a great person etc... Talk about bad timing

• The text just said "(1/1)" that's it... I never replied and I haven't heard anything since

• I still don't get it she made it clear of the break up then a week later with the random text.,..

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me ask you a Question Mr Anonymous... Would you like to know the hard truth or a supporting comment like the rest of these comments? 🤔

• I want the truth. I thought ex came back into the picture but the reason they broke up is bc he took a job in another state and left.

• I never replied it's a meaning less text. She broke up with me she stuck on her ex she rejected me. I was on the dance floor with my female friend all night I had better things to do. She is going to need to do better than that.

• Those are called bread crumbs... I don't know what (1/1) means but the principle is bread crumbs... Ignore!

What Girls Said 3

• Yes. Let her be. She is still attached to her ex. She needs to find out how she feels by herself. Continue being her friend but only make a move after some time. Be understanding, girls love that

• It seems like she has put a lot of thought into it. The woman needs to be alone, and kudos to her for being strong enough to do it. The best thing for you to do is let her do what she needs, and let yourself hurt and heal, and move on with your life.

• She has we talked about it before but more lightly touched the subject... She said me being at her apt that night made her feel overwhelmed and then going out to old hang out spots near the apt just threw her emotions out of wack were she couldn't handle. She had tears in her eyes. Told me sorry she did that to me sorry for hurting me etc. The break up wasn't a fight we sat there and hugged each other for like 5 minutes and had our foreheads touching. I cried a little 😔

• She said nothing was bad with the ex but he accepted a job in another state and that's what ended... I mean that proves she isn't a priority to him and he chose money glory and more work stress over the comfort of a meaning full 2 year relationship I mean what does that say about him? I didn't bash her ex though I just said he left you for a job but didn't go into details..

• Well whatever the reason, she was not feeling it. It works both ways, so move on and ya I bet it will hurt for some time.

What Guys Said 1