What are the reasons for a guy having commitment issues?

434

Most Helpful Guy

• he feels as though he is too young, he could have a chance at going around the world, and experience stuff, you dont usually do.
    the unknown, you dont really know whats out there.
    you dont know how long you are with someone, so you can be thinking that the person is "the one" but then a couple years later it may not be true.
    guys can procreate whenever with no idea that girls have a sort of deadline? im pretty sure, you can tell me if im wrong, I can't remember when that is exactly.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a loaded question. Why might girls have commitment issues? There are a million different reasons for it, take your pick. Mommy issues, Daddy issues, trust issues, intimacy issues, abandonment issues, to name a few.

• Finally someone who doesn't falsely simplify things and put everything down to one reason.

What Guys Said 33

• fear of rejection
    fear of loss of freedom
    seeing examples of bad relationships around them growing up
    a desire just not to be tied down

• That’s a bullshit statement guys make when they aren’t interested. The reality is they won’t ever commit to you personally

• There are a lot of reasons for this. Here are a few that come to mind:

Are you clinging to him?
    Do you keep asking him about his feelings?
    Do you give him the space and time he needs?
    Do you have your own interests or just take part in his?
    Stuff like that.

Let him be a guy. Have friends and time with them. Try to avoid asking him what he does when you two are apart. He is entitled to his own life along with having you in it. So are you.

• There are many reasons a man having commitment issues as it could be that he does not trust any women or perhaps he is not ready financially to be able to handle it or he really is not at the point where is he ready to settle down or he is not ready to bang the same hole and mouth for a long period time and wants to explore many other holes and mouths he can possibly stick it in until he fines the exact right one...

• Ok life is a buffet table, i wanna taste everything on that table before i get old and my taste buds stop working, why would i commit to one cake and buy that cake stuff and 9 months later we have a little cupcake together and get married, but thats not enough for me, i wanna taste that cute little apple pie across the table, but after i do that a couple times my cake finds out and she caught me on video eating this pie for an hour but she still wants the confession, so i finaly admit it and we get divorced and i go to live with the apple pie but she got tired of the drama, turns out she only liked me cuz i had a real long taste bud, so im living in my car working part time at sears and every month half my money goes to cupcake support and I've wasted the best years of my life for commitment...

• You're 18. So I assume you're not asking about 35 years olds.

Reasons? It's far far far too early to commit.

Here is a thing. Reasonably responsible men a century plus ago were expected to establish themselves financially in order to be allowed to pursue things like marriage (hint... this is unfortunately why there were commonly large age gaps back then).

Moral? You need to spend time growing the fuck up and establishing YOUR OWN LIFE... FIRST!!!

Then... you can have such confidence.

(Full disclosure... I was raised my a hardcore feminist and civil rights activist) :-P

• commitment doesn't necessarily have to mean marriage. it can just be committing to a monogamous relationship which plenty of young men are willing to do

• right dismiss my opinion because i'm young. when i was 14 i was only interested in committed relationships. it didn't mean every girl i was with i intended to marry it simply meant that when i dated a girl i dated only that girl and broke up once i realized the relationship wasn't what i wanted.

• Lolol you're here ASKING for opinions. That's what this site exists for.

It does not mean you have to agree with mine... but I'm not going to change mine either. I've been where you are. You're young. You have more important things to be worrying about. That's my opinion.

• same reason some guys have a gambling addiction.

• *Hades voice* "He's a guy"

• But no seriously, previous relationship toxicity, "bro envy", where he becomes jealous of the male who talks about all his sexual conquests and stays single, previous partner's cheating...

• Omg you are good ! That reference !

• Trust, faith, confidence, insecurity, beta-make mentality, pain, fear, regret, doubt, guilt, uncertainty. So much...

• Immature

• Bad experiences mainly

• Some people have commitment issues cause they
    fear of later being rejected , some fear of losing freedom,
    some just can't commit in a relationship, sometimes they
    can't settle down just with one person.

• he does not trust girls enough to be with them long term, he sees girls around and realizes that an awful lot of them are very slutty and have an attitude which could lead to problems, wasting time or even a divorce in the future.
    or he probably doesn't think you're particularly a good fit for him so he is making up excuses, we all do it at some point no shame in admitting

• My reason is because of all the deceitful and dishonest shit that I've gone through with women in the past.

• Feminism!

• pulsating cock

• bad past experiences

• Like marriage? Or bf/gf

• There can be an almost infinite number. Some are:

1. Trust issues in general.
    2. He simply doesn't want a relationship and doesn't necessarily have any issues.
    3. He has problem with women due to past relationships.

Etc, etc

• Previous relationships is main cause

• It maybe the vibes your giving off. Take into account your young a lot of guys in that age realm aren't looking to commit, it's all about having fun

• Well If I'm to be honest a lot of men don't want to be with one person for so long commitment is a life time to most and a lot of people don't understand that that's why both partners should really want it not just one sided relationships

• The same reasons as a girl having commitment issues

• Getting fucked in 1/2 by the other women in his life

• Doesn't want one. Sometimes it is just that simple.

• Its all about sex a man feels trapped after the new wears off

• Sometimes she just doesn't satisfy you anymore.

• We don't, seems that way cause of whom we date may not see worthy depending on factors.

• Girl has bad breath

• Umm... why have 1 piece of candy when there are millions all around him.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 3

• Mostly bad experience

• Lack of liberty. He is not ready to go that step, bad past experiences

• Distrust for the opposite gender. Which is not unfounded today.