What should I do to avoid thinking about him?

it's hard to forget about my ex. For some reason I miss him, although he cheated, lied to my and blamed me for everything. I trying not to contact him because I'm trying to move on, but it's hard.

31

Most Helpful Guy

• At this point its probably just the chemicals in your brain, just find a hobby or start going out more with friends

Most Helpful Girl

• Look, this is completely normal and the longer you were together, the longer it'll take to get over it. Don't contact him, it'll make you look pathetic. This man cheated on you, have some self respect!

Keep busy, take walks, ride a bike, hit up the gym. Watch a chick flick and eat some gelato or an entire tub of Ben and Jerry's if it makes you feel better. Just be gentle with yourself and take all the time you need to heal before jumping into something else. Breakups really just take time to get over. If you're really struggling, talk to a friend or even a therapist if you need to.

If you're stressing over it constantly, set aside a certain amount of time to think about it and don't let those thoughts creep into your head until that designated time and then gradually reduce that time until you're over it.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• This is going to be a practice what I preach statement but distract yourself. Do things you love, focus on yourself and honestly its going to take time.

• Once a guy cheats on me, he is dead to me.