Guys, He needs some space, what can I do?

We were dating for 7 months. We never had a problem. 2 weeks ago he said " I just need some space. Just know that I love and care for you". When I talked to him, he said that he's scared because the relationship is serious and he doesn't know if I can be "the one". I just said "ok take your space" but every 2/3 days he text me " I miss you" or " I woke up thinking about you" or somenthing like that. I never pushed him but What can I do now?

5

Most Helpful Guy

• I could be wrong but in my experience that can mean one of two things. 1. He's got some kind of commitment issue. In which u will have to wait for him to figure out on he's own u can't help there. 2. He could just be stringing u along so he keep u just out of reach but close enough to pull u back in when and if u start to pull away and try to move on.

• So what I have to do? Can I say to him " dont text until you understand what you want and keep going with my life"? Because i dont like thi situacion

• By all means u can. Here is the question u need to ask urself is he worth waiting for and if u beleave so u need to set an amount of time for u to wait. Only u know what that time may be. Don't let him make u feel like u have to wait long because at that point enough should really be enough. But yes u can tell him that but know men as tough as we act can be big babys in our own way. So we can get our feelings hurt.

What Guys Said 4

• Your doing the right thing
    By giving him his space and not smothering him he's pining after you
    If I were you I wouldn't message back if he contacts you to make him realise harder

• I never understood space... You talk about problem maybe take an afternoon to think about things, but more then a day. Oh heck no... If I am willing to be away for that much time this relationship isn't going anywhere. Just my thoughts.

• Give him time, if he says he misses you make plans to meet up

• But if he really misses me, he can just say " i wanna see you". I can't understand if you say " I miss you" and then disappear for anothers 2/3 days

• Simple he doesn't want to come off as needy/clingy/desperate.

• He loves you. He might just be having other serious problems in life, which he'd like to sort out first, after which I believe everything should be back to normal.

• He has problem with his family and his work. But he said he was scared about the relationship. He only loved 2 times in his life ( im the third one) and beacuse of the fear he messed up the past relationship