How to move on after a breakup?

I have been dating this guy for 6 years. My first boyfriend ever. December last year I broke up with him cos for a very long time I felt like I was not a priority in his life. He always made me feel like the person in the wrong and I simply couldn't take it anymore. I really love him. He did not even try to fight for the relationship. Weeks later he called me and said he loves me and would like to be my friend. We were in contact and I thought he wanted to give us another go. I flew to the city he now resides twice and nothing has changed. He is still so busy and would give me the scraps of his time after I've made an effort to see him. Needless to say, he hasn't bothered to come see me and seldomly reaches out to me first. I was a fool to keep in contact with him. How do I get over him?

Most Helpful Guy

• First, you need to stop thinking of him. Find some things to do, preferably new if possible so you have to concentrate more on the task at hand. Ask yourself why and what you think you'll gain from thinking of him. Trying to stop these thoughts as soon as they come on is important. Find somebody to confide in, that can be there at any time, talking is important when you get emotional. If you have to, just come on here and vent whenever.

What Guys Said 3

• Just space and time. Good it with your friends. Enjoy life as best you can. It eventually gets smoother

• Walk away, and remember thus lesson.

• Maybe reach out to him, get everything off your chest, one last time for peace of mind! When would you next be able to see him?

• I don't know. I just feel like I have wasted 6 years of my life. I don't even know if I want to see him. If he had just leave me be after the initial break up, I probably wouldve been at a better emotional state. Everything is literally hanging in the air. And now he's just cold. I feel like a fool.

• I know that feeling, and I've had feelings, an unresolved issue for more than 6 years, like you said it's painful to think of all your investment being for nothing... but that's not the reason for pursuing resolution, loving them is the reason for the pursuit. You obviously have to call it a day at some point but it's so difficult I'm sure you'll agree? Investing 6 years is bad, but investing 10 is worse, where do you draw the line?

• Thanks. I hear you :-)

What Girls Said 0