How do you help a guy friend get over a break up?

A really close friend of mine just broke up with his girlfriend, they went dating for long but he had had feeling for her for so long and then finally dated her only to have her break his heart. How can I help him get over it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• that is so bloody nice of you, ahh try and get him to know that there are a lot of people in the world, and he will find someone else. you can distract him, by doing somehting like sport or an activity to keep his mind off her. but try not to keep bringing her up, and if he does, just sound un interested about it and stay off the topic, he will forget about it in time.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's just that he really sensitive and takes things hard, so he is really depressed about it and I'm not sure how to get him out of that mental state

• yeah, guys do that, we dont talk about it, but if he does to you, be un interested and keep off the topic or he will start thinking about it, ahh but really try to push the fact he is ok, and he will live, its not the end of the world and he can be happy soon. but this won't happen over night, this takes time.

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Really all he needs is to talk and maybe you can do something together, something that he likes.

You should also help him realize that there is no need to just suffer it infinitely, he should learn whatever he can and move on to the next one because that is how life goes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ok well u may not like this idea but... B4 hand just make sure he's clear y'all​ ain't nothing but friends.. And fuck his brains out.. Unless u are taken and thats a no go obviously... But if a chick friend did that for me then im sure id be ok

0|0
    0|0
  • Do beat around the bush. Tell him you want to cheer him up and ask him what you can do. Only do what is comfortable to you but if he asks for space give him some. Dont forget to keep asking though. It ahows you care and theyre people who care about him. Distract him if you can.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he wants another relationship help him find one, and actually try. If he just wants time then give him that.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is nothing much you can do. He needs to let time takes its course.

0|0
    0|0
    • I just feel so bad because he won't admit it but he's really sad and hurt, so I want to make him happy but I don't know how

• It's very difficult to make a sad hurt man happy. The more you try to do something the greater the chances of it back firing. Just give him space to work it out in his head.

• You just need to be there for him, and it will be 1000x more effective then anything else you could do.
    (Possible side effects: him liking you)

0|0
    0|0
  • Give him some pussy

0|1
    0|0
  • just be there for him show him that hel be ok and that he will find love again

0|0
    0|0
  • If you think he's a good guy that can treat a girl right HOOK HIM UP with a friend

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Loading... ;