Is it possible to be friends with an ex?

My narcissist ex resurfaced, I can't figure out what he wants or why, he's still with side bitch he was cheating with, so what does he want texting me everyday just to say hello? At some point if he wants a friendship I'm open to it, and I've read countless articles, comments, memes about narcissism and no contact, is there any way to be friendly? I'll admit I'm still hurt, and yea I'm gonna throw digs, and make comments but he started texting me so that s on him, I've told him I've got nothing to lose at this point with him and not sure if there's anything to gain

36

Most Helpful Guy

• Your first three words say it all - if he's still with "side bitch" and thinks there's something he can get out of you, then it's gonna be YOU ending up as "side bitch" here.

Just stay away, this whole thing sounds like it's just gonna end badly for you.

• Yea I think he's counting on the love I had for him to not realize I know she's still in the picture, but I'm not talking about spending time with him just conversation, even in a relationship he was shitty besides the cheating and we hardly ever did anything so I wouldn't be spending time eith him, it is funny though when I found out the truth when this chick confirmed it was her car at his house multiple nights she said we're happy even though he was still having sex with me, now he's texting he thinks about me everyday and he misses me which I won't buy into but I wonder if she realizes the extent of their shared happiness lol

Most Helpful Girl

• If an ex is nice and things just didn't work out, I think it's fine to be friends after. But it sounds like your relationship was not a good one, so it's best to just move on from him entirely.

What Guys Said 5

• It's possible, but both have to be mature enough to handle it. I met a girl when I was 15 and we had a year and a half long relationship and we stayed friends. In fact I'm going to Virginia Beach in two weeks to see my cousin and her, she's married now and lives in Texas but comes home to VA about three times a year.

• Did you end on good terms, there's a lot of pain after him cheating, but I'm willing to move past it and try to be friends but I'm not sure if that's what he wants or just looking to continue his cheating pattern

• We didn't at first. I was mad, she got with a guy who she was talking to while with me still, I was furious and heartbroken, but I forgave her eventually and I'm glad I did because we got back to being as good friends as we were when we were dating. I tried to be friends with my most recent ex but it didn't happen. It ended same as the other, she was talking to a guy and then broke up with me. I tried to be friends but her new boyfriend changed her entirely and so she would do petty shit and start drama and I wasn't having it.

• Run run run. Run. Really, just run. Don't be a game he can play. You take care of you. Block him. Don't be available to him. He'll play you like a yoyo if you let him.

• My ex is my friend.

• Yes as long as you get along

• He wants a fuck

• Yea I thought that may be part of it but won't he eventually go away then like everyday stupid text just wanted to say hello or thinking of you... like where does she know you miss me, was playing family with her and her 9/10 year old kid not as much fun as you hoped, are you not getting enough attention cause she has to be a mother to her kid lol. I'm not that stupid. And if it wouldn't hinder my current relationship I would consider sex just to further prove he hasn't changed, she wouldn't believe but is know lol

• Not always, no, if you ignore him he might get the point that you want nothing from him and leave you alone or you could give the guy what he's after and he could stick around

• Yea he has a pattern which unfortunately I didn't know about before I wasted a year on him but would be funny to further prove he's not changing. I see those memes and articles men change for the woman they want to change for well he's been recycling this chick for over 4 years and I think she just tells herself he's the one he comes back to cause he loves her like nah

What Girls Said 2

• You shouldn’t be friends with a guy like that... but yeah exes could be friends

• No a big No