How can people fight against depression?

How can people, when there is nothing good in their life, fight against depression?

06

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what is causing your depression, if you're not sure then try to occupy yourself with something you enjoy. Only time will truly help with depression, you can talk about it all you want but no matter how much you say it, it's not going away. It's like a break up, you need to give it time. But if it doesn't go away you may need medication. If you ever need help I'll gladly do anything I can. Even if it's just be a listening ear.

• It's not for me... It's.. For a friend..

(Excuse my mistakes, i'm French)

How can you help someone who lost his dad because of cancer, his childhood best friend was killed by bastards. And his girlfriend just leave him after 2 years relationship. He done everything for this girl.. Everything...

• Times are tough, they'll get better for your friend. I'm sorry to hear that, but honestly only time can heal it, all you can really do is let him know you're there for him every step of the way. Hope everything gets better for him.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• I struggled with it from bullying in school, nothing really ever helped until I read self help books and got on depression pills. It's a hard problem because depression stems from low seratonine and no matter what you try will help, which is why medicine is great.

• Therapy will not help depressive people but yes, pills, you have to find the perfect molecule or it cans kill you.

• Stop blaming people and your current situation, and do something about it. Even if it's something small and stupid.

• He never blamed something or his situation, check Claudos response

• What i do is fund something you enjoy like video games or anime or something... and just try to keep your mind elsewhere until something good comes along

• Staying secluded by video games or whatever anime is does not help with depression

• And if he plays already videogames but stop after 20 minutes 'cause when he plays he stop thinking.. And it comebacks so fast, hardly, because he sees how much he is trying to not be depressive

• Wake up to a new day determined to have a good one no matter the cost

• Go outside and get sunlight. Go be social. There is always something good in life.

• And if he goes outside, he sees his friends but everytime he is lost in his mind, thinking about bad things even when he laughs

• Well stop acting like a child and act your age