How do you stay motivated yourself during No contact? Do you think social media makes it harder?

I just moved, no friends. Unemployed. I deleted all of my social media. Still doesn't stop me from being a Inspector Gadget F*cktard and masochisitcly lurking for some bullahit closure or a 'i was right on my theory'. Is it normal to resent men? Do men resent women after a breakup/rejection/mindgames/emotional unavailable.

Why are people so cruel?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sure it is normal to resent blanket men. Sometimes we do resent blanket women. Sometimes it goes away quickly, sometimes it drags out.

The "I was right after all" closure is like hollow victory. Yes, you were right but then it's... Oh... I was right...

Example: I was convinced my ex was still in love with her ex, we fought a lot I left; she started dating him again, they're married now.
    So yeah I was "vindicated", she did still love him... But in the end I'm just a throw away.

If he's been cruel, is either because of apathy, ignorance or anger, who was the dumper?

• We didn't date. It was a almostship. Lasted for too long. Wanted all the perks of a relationship but not the damn title and wanted to be just friends to make him feel less than shit, purposely induce jealousy by mentioning women or avoiding me asking if he was interested in someone else. I guess I figured if I was loyal enough, i know he liked me, he would see my worth. I stopped breaking my rules for him and just grabbed what was left of my self respect and closed the door.

What Guys Said 6

• Both. After a tough breakup, we're bound to hate all men/women. It quickly passes after a month or so. When you've finally let that person go and don't resent them anymore, you can free yourself and move on. Soon thereafter, you'll be able to date again. In the meantime, focus your time and energy of taking care of yourself and living a healthy lifestyle. Take on hot yoga, or running, or whatever suits your fancy. Just keep yourself physically active.

• Me personally, my resentment is guided solely towards the party involved. Considering a good portion of my friends are female, life would be pretty crappy if I did otherwise. Since I can't tolerate social media to begin with, can't help there. But basically, I'm just a talker most of the time, so I just keep on doing what I like and more or less just see what happens.

• They are cruel because those doesn't deserve you.

• Men don't resent women as much (in general), men usually move on pretty quickly, even if they are hurt. It's not a trade nor he is comparing you to other women, nor should you do it, it's just how men usually can get over things faster, regardless of their importance

• Too many cruel people not enough time to give a shit. Move forward.

• I was cheated on by a girl so yea girls... not all but some are just as cold hearted as you say men are iam a guy and i will always treat others as i want to be treated

What Girls Said 1

• People are cruel because they get hurt and want to protect themselves from what’s causing it.

• Hence he was cheated on in the past by his first love, I noticed he was quite disrespectful towards women. And if he was at one time a nice guy that did respectable manly things he does the opposite. I just don't see how someone can cause literally the same pain in someone who only wanted to love him, out of fear.