Is a guy really worth it?

I still haven't gotten over my ex who broke up with me three years ago. I thought I finally had gotten over him, but when I saw him not too long ago... the feelings came back.

Me and him first became friends then we started going out. We were together for two months, but then I got into a dark periode. It happen once a year. It's when all my dark and negative emotions spills out. I get very negative and self critic. In a dark periode, I am very weak and vulnerable for comments and other stuff.

He kind of got scared. I began to tell him more about my past and traumas. I opened up to him more than before. He promised at first to help me, but in the end broke up with me.

The broke up went via texts:

Me: *name*, how much do you like me?

Him: Don't know, maybe 50%...

Me: Didn't you say that you liked me 90%?

Him: Maybe then, but now is now.

Me: But it was two days ago!

Me: Then should we just break up then?

Him: Yes, preferably.

I cried for a week. My friends began to hate him, but I continued to love him. I thought I got over him, but once I see him all my feelings ressurect. I want to get over it, but how. I tried to date another guy, but it didn't help... I broke up with him.

How do I stop it? Is a guy really worth it? Both girls and guys can answer...

• Yes, it is worth it. He had a reason to break up with you.
  • No, it's not worth it. He was a complete jerk!

19

Most Helpful Guy

• The broke up went via texts:

Me: *name*, how much do you like me?

Him: Don't know, maybe 50%...

Him: Maybe then, but now is now.

Me: But it was two days ago!

Me: Then should we just break up then?

Him: Yes, preferably.

i0.kym-cdn.com/.../picard-facepalm.jpg

• by the way he was not worth it at all. True love is, when your partner sees your worst, and then love you even more, and when you are in your worst, falling apart, then love you even more and more. so that guy was not worth it at all. you deserve better. not that shit

• Thanks for the MHO

What Guys Said 8

• Your still very young and life on earth has been very short. You will see once you get over this you will have even more complicated and stressful relationship with not just bfs but with people in general. You will get over it and take it as a learning lesson.

As for him I can't tell if he is a jerk or not. But at a young age no wants or understands dealing with baggage and drama. It's all about being young, dumb and having fun so I could see why he didn't want no part of your dark phase.

• Thank you for your wise advice. I understand what he was scared off, but the reason I shared my past with him was because he also knew how it was to struggle.

• You just need to find a guy who is ready to take all your negative energy because it seems like all you did was make him depressed. There are some guys out there who are willing, but most are not... especially at your age.

• So what you mean is to find a guy who can take it or accept it as a part of me?

• Exactly that. I mean hopefully you'll become a happier person as you get a bit older and find your own way in the world, otherwise you're going to have to be very selective of guys, you'll need to find understanding and patient ones.

• Yeah, as I usually say to others. There are more fish in the sea :)

• How many good relationships you know of where one person isn't interested in the other?

• Not worth it. He left you. True love doesn't leave i believe. No matter how hard it is. But if he's the one , life may bring u guys back together someday

• Thanks @sheajake17. I hope so too, but I don't know if he is the one or not. My ex is a great friend, but not a very good boyfriend. I'm more sad that I lost him as a friend. After he broke up I got more dark and negative. After my dark periode was over I tried to text him and asked if we could be friends again, but he ignored me for half a year...

• Maybe he just needed time off the boyfriend girlfriend rhing before going back to be friends with you again.
      Also if you're not so sure he's the one then he's possibly not the one :)

• Hehe, yeah. Thank you.

• Love is complicate and feeling dont vanish like that, my girlfriend died tree years ago and im still haunted so give yourself a lot of time

• Struggles of a 15 year old.

• It's best to focus on yourself on whatever motivates you.

• He isn't worth the effort, just don't get heart broken over the little things.

What Girls Said 1

• No, it's not worth it