What even is a break?

So me and my boyfriend have been doing well and we get into occasional arguments that everyone goes threw.(in highschool btw) So i think social media ruins a lot of things for people. and yesterday i woke up and saw a girl comment under his picture moaning emojis and said a joke and he commented back saying he missed her. so ofc i was caught of guard and triggered. So ofc my first instinct is to freak out and tell him were over and i took him off snapchat. he then blew up my phone over text telling me to talk to him then says fine about us being done then freaks again then says he doesn't care and finally it stopped. So i texted him explaining why i freaked and his response to it all is “I think we need a break” i was like uhm breakup or break? bc i dont want to wait around thinking you're cominf back and your not so he said just a break. he took me off social media bc i did of course. He deleted the pics of us off instagram. and i texted him today about it. he didn't respond. all my friends were saying give up. i then texted him sayinf i was done bc obvi this was his way of leaving. then he texted me back and was like “wym its been a day” and i explained how he unfollowed me and everythinf and deletwd the pics and he just now said “I just dont know how i feel anymore bc of what happened” And now i dont know what to text back so please help asappp!
What even is a break?
Add Opinion