What even is a break?

So me and my boyfriend have been doing well and we get into occasional arguments that everyone goes threw.(in highschool btw) So i think social media ruins a lot of things for people. and yesterday i woke up and saw a girl comment under his picture moaning emojis and said a joke and he commented back saying he missed her. so ofc i was caught of guard and triggered. So ofc my first instinct is to freak out and tell him were over and i took him off snapchat. he then blew up my phone over text telling me to talk to him then says fine about us being done then freaks again then says he doesn't care and finally it stopped. So i texted him explaining why i freaked and his response to it all is “I think we need a break” i was like uhm breakup or break? bc i dont want to wait around thinking you're cominf back and your not so he said just a break. he took me off social media bc i did of course. He deleted the pics of us off instagram. and i texted him today about it. he didn't respond. all my friends were saying give up. i then texted him sayinf i was done bc obvi this was his way of leaving. then he texted me back and was like “wym its been a day” and i explained how he unfollowed me and everythinf and deletwd the pics and he just now said “I just dont know how i feel anymore bc of what happened” And now i dont know what to text back so please help asappp!

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok I just want to start by saying I get why you freaked out but you were in the wrong to start with. You should've asked him who the girl was and why he misses her. Then if you didn't want him to talk to her ask him if he would avoid conversation with her. Anyway that being said here is what you do now. Tell him you're sorry and that you regret what you did. Tell him that you hope he comes back soon because you miss him, but that you will be patient and wait for him to come back just as long as he promises that he will come back. That's all you say. A break and a breakup are different. A breakup is when you decide that you don't want to be with them and then you're single, a break is when something happened and you need time and space away from the relationship so you can think clearly, but not being single. So you are both still in the relationship it's just that he needs to think about if he wants to keep you in it or if he wants to leave it altogether. If you apologize then that'll help him want to come back sooner. Next time just ask calmly and don't freak out, be patient because often times it's not what it seems at first. That's why older guys don't want to date high school girls if the guy is looking for a real relationship, because lots of drama in highschool girls

Most Helpful Girl

• Its so much drama like do you really want to be with someone so willing to call it off? A break basically means time where he can do whatever he wants guilt free and still have you on the back burner.

What Guys Said 2

• it means one needs alone time to think about the relationship.

• You're in highschool there ain't no "breaks"

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!