Laying cards out on the table and forever?

I was in a friendship with the hope of more in the future but for forever regardless. This was the type of relationship where we had all our cards on the table and our trust in each other.

Our only argument was my pet pieve of ignoring me when she could say I'll talk to you soon. And one sided conversation that involved only her.

I mentioned forever. I do have her back for whatever she needs whether it's to wipe a tear, fluff a pillow, or drive through the night to go Denzel on some horrible choice of guy she met online. I'll do all that for all the things we shared in confindence

But I can't be the first and last thing on her mind every morning and night by proactively pursuing her if the conversation falls off because she wants to be self centered. And I can't continue feeling like an afterthought to someone I invest a lot of time and thought on.

My question is, since I've laid my cards on the table with her and she's done nothing wrong but not shown interest, is it wrong that I ended communication because I felt she was only concerned for herself? And am I wrong if she called me out of the blue and needed me to come save the day like I do, to drop what I'm doing and go because I said forever and meant it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Were you guys perfectly clear on what exactly your relationship entailed and we're expectations clear on both sides? Did you let her know what bothered you and not only talk through it, but come up with solutions you were both able to agree on? What was it she needed help with? Did you tell her why you cut off communication or try to work through it as a team first or did you just get mad and go no contact?

Even if you don't wanna answer all those questions, you probably have a gut feeling telling you whether you did the right thing or not. You can't expect people to change and small pet peeves can turn into relationship deal breakers once the honeymoon phase is over. Chances are, if something is bothering you now, it would end up bothering you much more later on down the road

• I appreciate the time and especially the effort you put into your reply. Out of respect to her I can't go into specifics pertaining our relationship. But yes there was faults on both sides. But we were champs at hashing anything out except my pet peive and my view over her communication. I was clear on why I was cutting communication but I know for a fact I could have been less accusatory and done better because there's always room for improvement and room to be less harsh.

• Way ahead of you lol This all went down a few days back and we haven't spoken. I just self reflect to see if I need to apologize or do better next time.

• Thanks. I think you did the right thing! It's tough sometimes to cut someone out

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1