Why did you ask to take a break?

Ever been in a relationship and asked for a break? Why did you do it?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• A break means break up in my opinion. Because real relationship is to be one another in any situation.

Most Helpful Girl

• My man did. He basically wanted space to "reevaluate" the relationship but I knew it was just his pussy way of breaking up with me without saying it and seeing if he'd miss me too much if I left, so I told him that was super disrespectful and we were either going to work things out or we weren't.

Sorry if you're going through this. I hate to be a Debbie downer but it doesn't usually end well. I hate the idea of breaks and I won't tolerate them. It's almost like a power play in my opinion and if a guy cares that little about his girl's feelings to leave her hanging while he makes up his mind, the relationship is already basically over

• Yea my boyfriends parents are divorcing so he said he needs space reevaluate his life

• Ok so you don’t think I have anything to worry about?

• I mean, I'd be worried but just try to be chill and act normal. Worrying will only make everything worse. I know easier said than done though :) Give him time and see what happens, keep yourself occupied in the mean time

What Guys Said 2

• I was stupid I wasn't thinking... I just wanted a breather. And what I'd get... Shit u don't want to know.

• I've only done this once. But for me it was about me to being in the same relationship space as her. The fact that she saw my as her future husband and I saw her as just my girlfriend.

• So you felt smothered?

• Not smother but the uneven power structure hurt how enjoyable the relationship was. Yes but not because of the break. We actually got back together and date for a few more yr. The break help us work on the friendship and talk about what we both want for right now not yr from now.

• I understand sorry it didn’t work out

What Girls Said 2

• Bc of the constant arguing promises of changes were being broken and it was at the point of almost getting physical so that's the reason for it

• Because I wasn't happy with the pace of the relarionship and I needed some time to think