Can you be friends after a break up? Why or why not?

• Yes
  • No

1622

Most Helpful Guy

• It would depend on the break up up but generally speaking, sure..
    I mean, the fact that I've been in a relationship with this person means that I've cared for her.
    Why wouldn't I be friends with someone, I care about?
    Well.. assuming that we broke up in good terms.
    If there was cheating or anything involved, then certainly not.

Most Helpful Girl

• no... not at the beginning anyway... u will feel like u want to be friends with them still because u dont want to lose them out of your life completely but it dont work, it prolongs the heartache... i was only able to be friends with my ex once all the feelings had gone, it took over a year... you can't be friends with someone you love its just not possible, not if u want to stay sane anyway. do not put yourself through that pain