Why did my ex tell me not to text his friends so many times? Is it because of jealousy?

Anonymous
He dumped me. Messaged me saying “don’t talk to my friends again b*tch. I know you messaged (his friends name)” ex never called me names. I think he was jealous. I said “I messaged him ONE TIME and it was A WHILE AGO” then ex blocked me. Said sorry like an hour later. He said “I’m sorry I said that. But I’m serious though please don’t message me or my friends.” I said “I wouldn’t do it again. Bye” the next day I wanted to ask what his friend said to him. He said “nothing. Don’t worry about it” and we exchanged a few words. In the middle he said “don’t message my friends that’s crossing the line” I said I wouldn’t. Why did he say “don’t message my friends” a lot, like more than once?
Jealousy
Other
GirlGuy
5
2