Why does it hurt so much?

Been heartbroken so many times I don't know if my heart will ever heal... Everyone I know is either happily single or in a relationship. And I'm just heat balling my eyes out because the one person I loved with my whole heart shattered it and used me... Anyone else?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm there with you. Time dullsnthe pain but the heart takes time and trust to heal.

Most Helpful Girl

• It hasn't even been a year yet, this guy and I were super close and eventually, I fell for him and so did he, at least he acted like he did. Sadly, we would always get in arguments because he would get mad over everything and then one good day he started hanging out with some other girl and then he started dating her (he still does), their relationship was on and off and like the messed up person he is, he would come back to me everytime they broke up and I remember even forgiving him once because he was upset at his girlfriend and they had just broken up and he started telling me he loved only me and not her, then the next day they got back together and never even once did he apologize. Yeah, you're not the only one, I still haven't moved on to this day.

• Yeah me and my ex have only known each other a year and we dated for six months

What Guys Said 21

• It will heal. Without reading all the comments you've received, I'm sure you got a lot that time will heal but, that's not true. Circumstances and you decide how long you'll feel like crying forever. I worked a lot & was never home, always working. She knows I worked all 18years we were together so she didn't have to & put my daughter in a World renowned college which by the way is conveniently located 13miles away. But anyway the day my daughter got a dorm room, my estranged wife moved out and two days after that she is shacking up with this clown who is supposed to be my friend. That right there got me to absolutely despise her, him I had off the ground by his shirt collar etc... My point is this.. You've got to dust yourself off and try again. Who sings that? Mary J. Blige? I'm out of characters.. I'll continue if you need more

• I forgot to tell you one golden rule : Don't treat all people the same because they're all different. I mean don't be kind with everyone, be kind with only people who are kind with you. The reason why I said this is that I see that you have a big heart and you're just kind with everyone, are you?

• If you don't know pain then pleasure is meaningless.

Stuff sucks but life goes on and these things are part of your story, they make you, you.

I once owned a guitar which had some really bad scratches on it. At the time I was really devastated that I had damaged such an expensive piece of equipment, but in time it simply became "the guitar that I damaged when [..]". That damage has become part of the guitar's story, it has given it character. It definitely helped me sell it because the buyer thought it was a fascinating story.

It works exactly the same for humans. You develop a certain character as you mature, and all the pain you have been through positively contributes to that character. They make you who you are and they give you stories to tell.

Hang in there <3

• I think everyone has been there at least once - I am tempted to rattle out the clichés but it may seem naff but there is a element of truth in them - One day you will look back and think about what you learnt about yourself from these experiences - Hope you feel better soon

• Sorry about that. Maybe you should take a break and find yourself, discover what you truly want in your life, and what you don't want at all, before having a relationship.

To be in a healthy relationship you have to start loving your self, then you'll be capable of fully loving others, and recieve love back.

You're an awesome woman, always go forward. Don't let a guy define your happiness.

• I know that sucks. You invest your heart in a person and for whatever reason it ends. Time will heal it. Find a place in your heart to savor what was. The best way to fill that hole in your heart is to find another person to spend time with.

• You'll have far too many breakups before you find someone you truly want to be with. You'll also learn to not invest too heavily in people who don't really deserve it. Watch Amelie and make yourself a mug of hot cocoa.

• Time heals everything

• who shattered your heart?

• Yea same here babe♥️

• Everybody have at least one heart broken story.. these things will give good memories in Ur layer days.. I know it's hard.. but move on

• Never trust anyone 100%

• That's my problem

• Used to be a problem for me but now its not i just learned somehow not to give people that effect in mylife

• Try videogames and food for a week, if it doesn't work try talking to some people or go out, also if alone, it will relax you

• Loss always hurts. Learn from the hurt or you'll continually get hurt. Never feign from the leap though. Caution can hurt worse than the fall

• But everything is like... it hurts

• Like love?

• Love is attainable for all. It may not be easily attained but it is still attainable. Life is finding out what you can live with and what you can't. Some times you get the best, sometimes you don't. You have to be flexible.

• it always hurts. and it takes forever to get better, not over, but better

• Never dated and unhappily signal

• I lost my heart... And thank god... Now I am getting out of that...

Can u pm?

• I've been there before. Led me to hitting rock bottom and slowly climbing back to happiness

• It just hurts so much... like I can literally feel it in my chest

• I know how that feels you heal with time

• I feel...

• At least other people loved you. Nobody has ever loved me.

What Girls Said 4

• Take a time out of dating, it hurts because you let it hurt, you also allowed yourself to fall into a trap with nohopers and useless guys...

Time out from dating..365 days to be exact..365 days to think what you want, to improve yourself and staying away from users and abusers.

After the 100th day you'll begin to feel better and focus your energies on you.. by this time next year only an idiot will try mess with you..

So you can either stay hurt for ever or go on a 365 day fast from dating

• Even I had a breakup recently. It really sucks. Still going through pain and more than that loneliness. But time heals all wounds. So give it some time. I sure am

• Cause your into this person you trusted him and he proved you wrong.

• I read, draw or write poems. It keeps me distracted.