Should I take him back?

My ex and I broke up a few months ago and things were really rough. We saw each other a couple of times and were intimate but I found out that he had been intimate with somebody else during this time as well. He is now apologising profusely and saying it meant nothing and all about how much he loves me and wants to prove it to me for the rest of his life. Would I be crazy? I don't know what the right decision is

53

Most Helpful Guy

• Ya, yer cra-cra... NEXT!

Most Helpful Girl

• You two have broken up for a reason. There is no guarantee that he'll change. Most of the time, guys who cheat will cheat again. I personally wouldn't take him back, because I wouldn't be able to trust him ever again. What did him cheating make you feel? Did it have an effect on your trust? Do you trust him now?

• Well I know that technically he didn't cheat because this didn't happen while we were dating but we also were intimate after the break up so its still bad. I'm not sure if I could trust him again

• You're right. Thanks for your help I will try this!

• You're welcome! I hope you'll be able to find everything out soon :)

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 4

• If it didn't work out the first time what makes you think it'll work out a second time. If he could do that once what makes you think he won't do it again?

• The reasons we initially broke up are a bit complicated but are things that we can work out but he was intimate with somebody else since the break up as well as being intimate with me. So I don't know if it is still possible for him to be the one?

• My friend is in this type of situation too, except she's dated this guy 4 times and she's on the verge of giving him a 5th chance.

I personally wouldn't go into it again. I feel like if the door wasn't opening then the door is not for you. (That's my life motto) But you know, at the end of the day... you have to do what's best for you. If that means testing the waters again with this guy then do that. But in this situation, I think you have full right to be a little selfish.

• Thanks for your help, I'm just torn in two directions right now because a huge part of me loves him but a huge part of me thinks I'd be better off meeting somebody new. But I also know walking away from him will be one of the hardest things I will ever have to do. But maybe you're right and I have a right to be selfish.

• Don’t do it...

• Nooo

• Don’t do it. It will never work out. I can guarantee you this.