Have you ever fell out of love with someone who was still in love? How did you deal with it?

I've been in a relationship for about 4 years and literally, 3 of those years were hard. I fell in love very quickly with my boyfriend but soon after things got really sour. He started cheating, he was constantly breaking up with me, and even though I never officially walked away, I was so in Love I tried to make it work even with all the hurt it brought me. After about 3 years, I was put in a bad situation because of him, which changed my life forever. At that point, I realized I was done. For some reason, after that it seemed as if he realized how much he loved me. Because all I ever wanted was him to be in love, I tried to stick it out although in my heart I was done. It has been a year later and I feel like I can’t keep faking it. I keep trying to break up but it’s so hard because I see how hurt he is and I remember how it felt for me. I would never want to bring that same pain to him but at the same time I need for him to understand that our relationship will never work.
I don't know how to get him to understand that I’m done. How can I convince him that it’s for the better without him being angry with me or hating me? How can I break up with him still wanting to be friends?

03

What Guys Said 3

• You can not breakup with him and still be friends. You do not have to be enemies though. When he cheats on you. He decides to lose you. If you keep him he will cheat over you again and May may be bring you a disease or to from other relationships. Stand for your life!

• The most simple thing you can do is talk to him tell him all the good times you had together but in the end tell him how you really feel calmly dont let him interupt you if your honest and explain to him clearly the situation i believe he will understand

• You can't either you break fully or keep trying to get along with him...

What Girls Said 0