Why would a man go from polite and amicable to an absolute pig during a breakup?

Anonymous
we split in July... it was amicable and never a problem, (I found out he started taking drugs etc) so I couldn't be with someone like that... loved him more than anything and he was well aware... we lived together, was together 3 years... I lost a lot of weight and got a new career... anyway since July I've been asking him to close the joint account.. he kept making excuses so yest I text to say enough now I need you to close our account and just give the rest of my stuff back but I also z I hoped he was still doing well etc... and he blocked me? Off everything! So no way to contact him. I've never harassed him or anything all I want is the account closed and my stuff back and he blocked me! Why would a man suddenly change and do that?
5
1