Should I tell my ex I miscarried our baby?

I told my ex boyfriend that I thought I was pregnant. In order to confirm I went to the hospital. The blood test result came out negative, but the doctor told me I likely had a miscarriage (at 3-4weeks). I told him that the result was negative, but didn't tell him that I was actually pregnant and had a miscarriage.

I didn't tell him because I thought it was unessasary. I wanted to move on without drama.
Now after 4 months I still can't get over the miscarriage. The idea of the baby always makes me feel somehow connected to my ex, and can't really get over it.

Should I tell him about the miscarriage to get a closure, to make myself feel better? or should I just deal with it alone?
Is he gonna be mad and think I'm lying? or blame me for not telling him earlier?

By the way we stayed friends after the breakup.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should. Because if you keep it in yourself longer it most likely eat you from inside. If your ex is a normal guy, he'll be angry ofcourse, but you'll be able to talk it out. Just tell him your side of the story, the reasons why .
    Tl;Dr - get closure, don't go through it alone. Explain your reasons, get it off your chest.

What Guys Said 4

• Does he care enough? Will it change anything between you two? If es, then maybe you should tell him. But keep in mind that there's a reason why he's 'EX'...

• I think he cares. I think he is probably gonna feel bad... that's why I never told him. I don't wanna ruin our friendship but I think this secret is making me not able to fully move on.

• You should tell him if he cares.

• If it is to get the guilt off Ur chest u can tell him. It won't change what happened but will certainly ease Ur pain. However, how he would react is not known. So if you are able to prepare for the worst response from him tell him.

• Nope. Nothing good is going to come out of it. You guys ain't in a relationship anymore, why strain your current situation

• Tell him. May as well get closure.

What Girls Said 3

• Share everything with your guy. Have no secrets. A decent guy will support you and share in your loss. It will help you get over it, although it will take time to forget, if ever you will.

• I think you should tell him.

• You can tell him. No harm