Should you break up with your S. O. if they constantly put you down while fighting? Is this a sign of immaturity?

If you want, explain why yes or why no to breaking up. Should you wait for this person to mature?

33

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you pointed out when he was being unfair? And if so, what was his reaction? Has he tried to be more fair when arguing?

• I've tried telling him sometimes that what he says really hurts and I don't like it. Then, he'll apologize (if we have stopped fighting); if it's during the fight, he'll say that I don't know what you're talking about and keep getting more frustrated and angry. Sometimes it seems that no matter what I do to tell him to treat me better, it always seems to be back to him demeanign me while fighting. I've tried being nice and being fair during the fights but it gets really hard when we puts me down the way he does. He really makes me feel worthless at times. But I don't know what's holding me back from telling him it's over.

• Awww, that sucks. It is tough to be fair when we are fighting and especially if the other person is being unfair or mean.

I have learned that a lot times when anger is expressed, it is not really about being angry but about being hurt. But even knowing that to be the case, it is still hard to keep that in my mind and not react to the anger but look for the hurt when you are fighting.

If you think he is worth staying with, maybe when you guys are not in an argument you can discuss a different way of dealing with an issue when it does come up. You could try emailing each other when you are mad. That may make him more aware of what words he uses to express himself and that may help.

Relationships are hard. They are not easy. Only you know if he is worth it.

I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted on how it goes. :)

• Thank you so much! I really appreciate your advice. 😊

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 2

• That's the start of an abusive relationship, leave before it's to late.

• Yes.