Anyone here who was dumped by their best friend? Can you still be friends after?

I just want to ask because i have this one girl. She's been my best friends for 9 years, until i started to develop feelings for her. I started courting her and i thoight it was going well for months, until she started telling me that she can't see me in any way other than a friend. So we had to go through a lot of drama until i started distancing myself from her. It's been months since then. Now, she suddenly starts texting me about how she's been thinking about me and misses me. I haven't actually moved on from that moment so i just ignored her. That made me wonder whether we can still be friends even if i still have feelings for this girl. Anyone here who had he same experience. What did you think at that time?

21

What Girls Said 2

• Erm. Did she say whether she misses you as her best friend or something more?

• Nope. But it feels like it. She kept calling me dude for some reason.

• I am sorry but she's trying to friendzone you plain and clear in that case. You can still be friends with her but you'll need to move on from having feelings for her. I am sure you care about her but you are gonna have to move on and find a nice girl to be with hopefully. I wish you all the best :)

• Thank you! I hope to find one too.

• We can still be friends but its not the same anymore

What Guys Said 1

• Absolutely, yes. At least the potential is there to remain friends. Depends on who each of you are and how you handle it. I am still very good friends with several of my ex's because we had that long friend history together. It took us time to stop being awkward about it, but it's possible. Talk it out nothing to be afraid of. Forgiveness is natural among friends. The most challenging thing will be seeing her with someone else. And you may have to just not be around her and her boyfriend together for a little while.