Anyone here who was dumped by their best friend? Can you still be friends after?

I just want to ask because i have this one girl. She's been my best friends for 9 years, until i started to develop feelings for her. I started courting her and i thoight it was going well for months, until she started telling me that she can't see me in any way other than a friend. So we had to go through a lot of drama until i started distancing myself from her. It's been months since then. Now, she suddenly starts texting me about how she's been thinking about me and misses me. I haven't actually moved on from that moment so i just ignored her. That made me wonder whether we can still be friends even if i still have feelings for this girl. Anyone here who had he same experience. What did you think at that time?
2
1