Should I give him another chance?

So my boyfriend insulted me. He got mad because I was going to a concert and he didn't want me to go so he insulted and told me we were done. 5 minutes after he said those things, he apologized and said that he was deeply sorry and that he didn't mean any of it. I couldnt forgive him because he disrespected me and insulted me. He has issues and has been going to therapy but he stopped to save money for a trip and thats when things got worse between us. As soon as that happened and I wouldn't accept his apology and take him back, he went to his therapist and got a sponsor and started seeking help because he saw the damage he made. I really do love him but he has promised me he was going to change before, now he says its different because he crossed the line and saw that he lost me and that he’s willing to do anything to make things right. by the way, this is a long distance relationship so he insulted me through texts. In person he’s nothing like that, he’s really sweet and when he gets mad he just walks away and takes his time and then talks to me about it but since we’re currently in different countries, we communicate through texts and phone calls. I want to forgive him because I love him and I want to give him one last chance to see if he’ll actually change and keep his promise but my mom says he’s emotionally abusive and told me that if I take him back then I can't count on her for anything. Also, he told me that he was having a hard day and that he took it out on me but that he recognizes that he shouldn’t have done that and that he’s wrong and really sorry. He’s been begging for forgiveness these past three days. And he’s going to come visit tomorrow so I dont know if I should forgive him or not.

56

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I think so. He duly apologised and you know he has some issues and he's trying to make things right and you love him. So yes accept the apology and move on and forget that happened.

Relationships have their ups and downs. They meant to be like that. The goal is to win those obstacles, not walking away from them.

• My thoughts exactly. I would add that changes she is expecting of him aren't over night, they take a while.

Most Helpful Girl

• Get out now he sound like though other winner I watch on investigation discovery change locks cause he won’t stop I had that problem with an ex girlfriend.

What Guys Said 5

• The man said he have reasons for be like that and he apologized if there no forgiveness in relationship how you can call that is love? And body can mistake even you can , you think he should doesn't forgive you if you did something like that of some pressure on you?

• You have the full rights to go to any concert without his permission and from reading the rest of your story and I feel bad for you the best thing to do is get rid of him and move on as he sounds like a real asshole for sure.

• It's hurts so much more by holding on rather than letting go

• Get rid of him... he sounds controlling and insecure. If he insulted you for not getting his way, he's only gonna escalate

• Take your time

What Girls Said 4

• Forgive him boys are stupid sometimes but you can still count on them most of the time

• Get out now. It gets worse. Be thankful you aren't in the same place. He has things he needs to work on before committing to anyone.

• No don't give another chance

• It depends on whether he's like that all the time. If it's just once then maybe you can still give him a chance.