Guys, How long does it take a guy to get over a broken heart?

my best friend of 8 years and boyfriend of 4 years and i parted ways last year it was something neither of us wanted but circumstances made it impossible to be together. We just seemed to have this connection. Our hearts understood each other and we always seemed honest with each other and had great fun together. I just can not seem to get over it or move on no matter how hard i try. I stay very busy but my mind always is triggered by something and i end up thinking about him. I get so angry with myself because I'm sure he's completely over it and has moved on and probably never thinks of me.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• First time it took me 3 years. Second time 8. Third time 4. Then I met my wife.

It basically depends on the guy.

And for the record, don't ever let "circumstances" stop you being happy. "Circumstances" put the girl I loved in South Africa and left me in England. So I made "circumstances" my b*tch, moved to South Africa and married her. That was 14 years ago. We just moved back to England.

I'm not saying it's easy, but nothing worth doing is.

If the two of you really want to be together, unless the "circumstances" are that one of you is already married, do whatever it takes to be together. There will be another job. You can transfer your college transcript. Heck, if a white guy from England and a non-white girl from South Africa can find a way to get past "circumstances" because being together makes us happy, anybody can!