Music bringing back memories of ex?

Has anyone else noticed this?

My boyfriend and I broke up about two months ago, and yeah I'm still healing (but I feel a lot better :) )

I used to listen to a song when we were dating, like we never listened to it together, but at the time I listened to it all the time, on my way to meet him, when I was getting ready etc.

So I ran across the song again today and I decided to listen to it and wow, I felt crushed about 5 seconds into it (I'm not joking, I almost couldn't breathe), and I had to stop the song.
Like it wasn't even really like I missed HIM, but I missed the times we spent together REALLY BADLY.
But thinking about it more, I guess I just missed those times, they were during the summer and all, you know.

I just find it so funny music can take you back to those times! Wow.

• All the time
  • Never
  • I don't associate music with people
    Vote C
  • Sometimes, but other times I can listen without thinking about it
    Vote D

12

What Guys Said 2

• Well it makes sense, your mind has an ability to associate everything with everything in it's environment

• Indeed it always brings back memories of ex girlfriends

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah it totally happens... Years ago when an ex I still am really in love with because I haven't let it go, lots of reasons why... I heard the song on the radio awhile back and started to feel pretty sad