Is it okay to move on quickly from your ex?

So I've had a relationship with this guy for about 4 years but within the 2nd year, our relationship became rocky (in my opinion). He made me feel like I couldnt be myself around him, made me choose between my passions, my friends or him, and the worse of all he made me feel like I should always say yes to him during sex. Additionally, I had to pay often for our dates (I also offered but it seemed like he didn't mind anyway). It was sad for me to think that I was already taken advantage of and I felt like it was partly my fault because I didn't correct it right away, though I did try but sometimes I do give in cause I love a lot. Since those days I started thinking about breaking up with him since it seemed like the relationship wasn't good for me. About 1 year before our break-up I saw how silly little things could anger him and eventually cause him to quit his job and when everything just started to pile up for me, I finally had the courage to break-up with him.

A few weeks after the break up, this person comes into my life and shows me that he's been there all along. So my bestfriend, who has supported me with my previous relationship, told me to hold on even when times get rough. The one who always had my back and felt like I was truly me when I was around him, finally spoke up and told me his feelings. Of course as a person who was asking for this kind of man to come into my life, I wanted so much to be in a relationship with him, but I felt that it wasn't time yet cause I just broke up with my ex. We still communicate, we date from time to time but is it really okay that I'm moving on from my ex? Is it too soon? It's been 4 months since our break up

04

What Guys Said 4

• Definitely. Once they become your ex they have zero say in your dating life

• Go for it!!

• Yup...

• Do it , you deserve better and if you feel like it's really what you want :)

What Girls Said 0