Do I wait around for him?

So my boyfriend after a year broke up with me because he said "he couldn't give me what I deserve". He wasn't someone who put in a lot of effort and occasionally I would bring it up and compromise with him to meet both our needs. He really grounded me and helped me be a better person. I'm still not over him and he goes away on deployment soon, and a lot can change in 6 months. There's a possibility he may want to see where we go when he gets back but there's so much uncertainty. Do I accept that we aren't together and move on? Or do I just look after myself until he gets back and hope that we can be together again?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're not actually together there are no limits. Not saying you should go out looking. However if an opportunity with someone else presents itself take the chance. If he can't give you what you need now how will he do it later? Especially since you were willing to compromise

• He says he is keen for the compromised relationship I proposed, but I think that getting back into a casual relationship with him while he is away is a little too much to ask of me? Thoughts?

• Yep, I regretfully drunk-messaged him a few days ago, and then he sent me a picture of him out drinking with another girl hanging off him while he's on holiday so I really don't know what to think of it this week :/

• I'm sorry :/ if you need someone to talk to I'm here we can find a private way to chat if you want

What Guys Said 4

• I think it’s impossible for anyone to give sound advice because no one knows how you feel. If you FEEL like things can work out, which they can, then you might be inclined to stick it out and wait around for him.

• Accept it. He's probably trying to make sure you don't waste your life waiting for him to return. Especially if he's at risk of getting hurt or not coming back

• How do you both get along? Is he interested in you?

• Patience is the key

• But time waits for no man

• Buh it been said that what ismeant for you wouod not pass you by even if the time doesn't wait for no man... As long as it meant for you!, it would be yours

What Girls Said 0