What's the difference between a playing piano and keyboards and organs?

I'm looking into getting either a piano or organ but not sure if a organ is easier to learn onWhat's the difference between a playing piano and keyboards and organs??What's the difference between a playing piano and keyboards and organs??What's the difference between a playing piano and keyboards and organs??What's the difference between a playing piano and keyboards and organs??What's the difference between a playing piano and keyboards and organs??

1|0

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• For the 3 of them, basic notes are the same. The main differences is that a keyboard is an electrical piano. Piano has the metal strings and a set of 3 petals. the organ is more advanced than the piano, it can have more petals and more sets of keys. But again basic notes are mostly the same

0|1
    0|0
  • Organ is harder. To play properly, you have to occasionally use both feet on the pedals. That is a whole new dimension over a piano or keyboard.

The loudness is controlled usually by the left two "Accelerator" pedals. The right one is usually a crescendo pedal effectively adding stops towards full organ. The little white buttons on the key slips are combination pistons that select preset combinations of stops. Same for the toe pistons either side of the three volume pedals. On theatre organs, some of the toe pistons control sound effects like bass drum, cymbal crash, motor horn, bird whistle etc.

On a 5 (or more) manual theatre organ, that is a whole lot more than just playing!

0|0
    0|0
    • I forgot to add that on many theatre organs, the accompaniment manual and great manual are double touch. So in the extreme, right hand plays the melody, left hand the accompaniment AND a counter melody. There are separate stops for the second touch, so the counter melody can be louder than the accompaniment.

• If you are serious, a small home organ is still best!

• I Think It's Pretty Obvious Which One Is Easier 2 Play.

0|1
    0|0
    • I can tell that with a organ I think that there is more to it than the pianos or keyboards and organs.

• Show All
    • Do not be frightened of a 13 note pedal board. You do not have to use it, but it is there for when you get more proficient.

• There's no difference.

0|1
    0|0
  • Keyboard is more convenient and cheaper, piano has a better sound, organ is for hard-core pianists.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Loading... ;