Should we break up!!! I need help?

I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and eight months. I've always been a really shy girl never had a boyfriend so of course when my time would come to date I would be totally lost about what to do same for my boyfriend as well we are each others first relationship. Anyway we started dating and I've never been all lovey dovey with him because I'm just not that type of person. I guess after a while he started getting tired of it and he told that for him to stop hurting himself he would stop being loving towards me since I give him nothing in return. I understand how he feels and I completely get that it's my fault why he's hurting. Also one thing he gets depressed at random times which makes him get moody and not talk to me for a few days and he keeps telling me he wants to kill himself. So I'm scared that if I break up with him he'll end up killing himself so I don't know what to do. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Edit here well this is going to sound bad or mean but I wanted a boyfriend but at the same time I didn't. But I do like him I don't love him he tells. me this a lot that he loves me but I just don't. Soni feel that since I'm not used to it I kind of brushed him off like I didn't want to accept that oh I have a boyfriend.

25

What Guys Said 5

• He will not kill himself. This is a form of mental abuse to you. Obviously neither one of you are getting what you need from the relationship. Are you wasting his time knowing it's not working and you can't give him what he's looking for. It seems to me that maybe the relationship ran its course. He's not happy. That's obvious and he should talk to a doctor for his depression. If you want out of the relationship, there's never a good time and hopefully everyone can be adults and understand the issues. The line I used in the past before was. I'm so sorry. I just can't be the man you want me to be.

• It sounds like he needs something that you don't naturally provide. So in that aspect, which seems to be an important one, you are not a good fit. Since this might be an important cornerstone to a happy relationship for your boyfriend, maybe there's a way to express that to him so he could understand that you're both just fundamentally different in that way and that there are others that could naturally fit him better. If the relationship is making you unhappy, that's the biggest issue you should figure out. If you think you could be happier else where and there's no way to find a balance that works, perhaps you should break up. His actions are not your responsibility, but since care about how he'd take receiving this, you should try to be there for him as you might be right to be concerned with him doing something drastic. You can't be held hostage in a relationship that might be possibly making you unhappy just because of how he'd react if you left, and if he loves you he should realise this fact. Still, I'd try to be there for him as he sounds like he needs some help.

• It's okay, he won't kill himself, it's just a threat...

• Nothing as such... He won't kill himself or like that... It's all tantrums people do to get attention... Just forget him

• You might not know exactly what having a boyfriend is... and, generally, you don't marry the first person you date...

What Girls Said 2

• Break up with him that's an abusive relationship, you should be with someone because you want to not because you're being forced to

• It doesn't sound like either of you has what the other needs.