I don't know if we should just break up? He tells me that I'm free to break up with him?

I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and eight months. I've always been a really shy girl never had a boyfriend so of course when my time would come to date I would be totally lost about what to do same for my boyfriend as well we are each others first relationship. Anyway we started dating and I've never been all lovey dovey with him because I'm just not that type of person. I guess after a while he started getting tired of it and he told that for him to stop hurting himself he would stop being loving towards me since I give him nothing in return. I understand how he feels and I completely get that it's my fault why he's hurting. Also one thing he gets depressed at random times which makes him get moody and not talk to me for a few days. I know that he's told me that he's wanted to kill himself before that's before dating me and he was always sad and depressed whenever I would see him at school. I ended up liking he liked me too and after that we started dating but before we started dating I promised myself that I wanted to make him happy because I didn't like seeing him sad most of the time. So now I'm scared that if I break up with him he'll end up killing himself because with any break up comes sadness so I don't know what to do.
Well this is going to sound bad or mean but I wanted a boyfriend but at the same time I didn't. But I do like him I don't love him. He tells me this a lot that he loves me but I just don't I can't lie to him and tell him that I love him. So I feel that since I'm not used to it I kind of brushed him off like I didn't want to accept that oh I have a boyfriend. He started noticing this too like whenever I invited him to family parties I wouldn't like acknowledge he was there I would just talk to my friends at parties at school we wouldn't hold hands very often. He would try to kiss me but I didn't let him because I am a really shy girl. So at times he tells me that I'm free to break up with him.

21

What Guys Said 1

• 2 possibilities.
    1. He's testing your loyalty
    2. He wants you to break up and not him.

What Girls Said 2

• Break up with him. Why tag him along and waste both of yours time? I am sure he will feel bad for some tine but it is for the better

• You should break up with him because you are not only hurting yourself by staying with but your also hurting him and preventing him from finding someone else. Also these are multiple signs of the beginning of emotional abuse and you should separate yourself before thing go to far.