I feel terrible...how do I cope?

Long story short, my ex boyfriend asked my best friend out, and she knows how much I have been through these past few months with his drama and how much he's hurt me...but she wants to go out with him because she didn't think she had a chance until I dated him. Now they're going to date. I don't think I can trust anyone anymore, I've withdrawn myself from people. This is the second time this guy has asked to be in a relationship with one of my friends. Anyone have any advice?

What's the best way to deal when they try to "rub it in my face" so to speak, that it's working for them?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• One day your going to realize true friends don't do that sh*t. They're not friends, they don't care about your feelings. Screw them and find yourself some real friends. Ones that have a little respect.

What Guys Said 1

• my ex girlfriend did that to me and went out with my best friend who is a female, and broke my heart and then she went out with one of my boys that's close to me ... just move on and know who your peoples are

What Girls Said 3

• Find new friends. Real friends would never put a guy before you.

• Well any friend who does that is not a friend at all. I would never go out with my friends ex. Its just would not feel right. I understand how you feel, but honestly he seems a bit of a player and not worth thinking about. When your ex drops your friend, and comes running back to you, I would have nothing to do with her. She after all, knew what you went through and yet, she decides to go out with your ex, despite what she knows, it says it all.

Genuine friends, don't do such things. You have to think carefully before entrusting someone with telling them stuff. They broke your trust and are not your friends, so I would not have anything more to do with them.

What you need to do is, first of all, be patient with yourself, Rome wasn't built in a day. Write down everything you have been feeling about the situation and I mean everything. Read it back to yourself when you have finished and then either tear it up or burn it. That way it is letting something out of your system. Secondly, pamper yourself, treat yourself to some new clothes etc.

You can also look for some new stuff to do, like learn a new language, new hobby or interest,

This website is pretty good. Most of the activities are free as is being a member. You will meet new people and make new friends.

link

Best of luck to you. Just take it one step at a time

• First off she is not your friend!

and second, he is a jerk and you deserve way better