Does this make me a horrible person?

I am considering breaking up with my
boyfriend
And he told me he loves me
Honestly I am not one of those girls who believes every time a guy says I love you
But what if he does
I’m not heartless and this would be the first time I broke up with a guy especially after the big L word being used
How bad am I?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Just because someone says they love you doesn't mean you're obligated to be with them. If you aren't happy and don't see the relationship going anywhere then break up.

What Guys Said 4

• Wait... you're dumping him for saying he loves you? Yeah, that's kinda... unsavory. But... I can't stop you.

• No that’s not the reason
      We have had some other issues and I want to break up but because he loves me I feel guilty about doing so

• Well, then it just isn't meant to be. I don't really think you can or should force yourself to stay with someone just to avoid hurting them.

• I agree but I will give it two more weeks than if we cannot figure things out than I guess I’ll do what I have to do

• How long have you been dating? That's really the biggest factor. Guys love fast but women love hard. By this I mean men become attached quickly but can fade where as women take time but have a hard time letting go once they've become attached

• We have technically been dating a couple months been friends for half a year before we got together
      He said he loved me before we got together

• We he didn’t tell me he loved until we were together but he said he had loved me since before we were dating

• It's fake love. Like I said men love quick but it will most likely die off.

• You think guys just toss that word around? Pssshh.. xP

• Some do

• Especially if they want sex

• Not all do I’m aware
      It’s just hard to know when to actually believe it

• It's pretty normal thing, don't think too much!!!

If you want to move on, just go for it!!

What Girls Said 1

• It’s okay if you’re scared of commitment you’re under 18 so I presume you’re really young or my age lol. I’d talk to him and tell him how you feel, communication is key in ANYTHING🗣. let him know what you’re thinking and why! 😊

• That is not y I want to break up
      It’s just I feel guilty about it
      I don’t want to break his heart

• We have had some issues that is y